Saturday, March 5, 2011

Majesty of CST!


In my opinion, one of the most awesome buildings in Mumbai is V.T. (or CST building, as now known ). Amazing grandeur, magnificent Architecture..I feel at a loss for proper adjectives for this building. Look at it from any angle, any point or perspective- and it has something amazing and interesting to offer. I wish I could walk up the spiral stairs that would lead to the main dome or walk the corridors with intricately carved arches. Since I am not a VIP, I could not do that, I had to restrict to the pavement level and be happy! Nevertheless, is was enjoyable.
Another beautiful piece de Resistence in Fort area is the Flora Fountain.
And as you walk up to Flora Fountain from CST, there are many beautiful buildings on both sides of the road. Don't miss them.
There is always an eminent Parsi at a prominent place
master piece of stone carving
This peacock  carving reminds me of one at Ahmedabad
This one is ready to leap
Can the MMC commissioner not do anything about these eyesores?


This is outside one of the Agyaris  on DN Rd

The Fountain built in 1860
Named after Roman Godess "Flora"

now poorly maintained.......by an eco friendly corporate

1 comment: