Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sant Dnyaneshwar and Alandi near Pune

As I am not so religiously inclined, my visits to temples and places of pilgrimage are restricted. Whenever I visit such a place, frankly it is more out of the historic importance and natural beauty surrounding the place. Alandi, near Pune is one such place I wanted to make a trip to. I could make it this time. It way the month of May, and it was really very hot.
When I reached the place, at around 2 pm, it was scorching hot, hence I did not expect to see many people by the Ghat (river bank).  but it was teeming with people from rural Maharashtra.

The lane leading up to the samadhi was crowded as usual..
It also dwarfed by the huge posters of our beloved politicians!!!!!

But the river and the Ghat, is where the common man goes...
And takes shelter wherever possible.
But the heat has no effect on these youngsters. What lays in store for them in future???
Difficult to answer.
I bid good bye with a last look at the domes of the temples..

No comments:

Post a Comment